Social Icons

Monday 10 March 2014

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick and Lipglass


Happy Monday everyone, let’s do some lipstick swatches! Hurrah! I have both items from Viva Glam Rihanna, a lipstick and a tinted lipglass.

MAC VG Rihanna

Oooh, innit gorgeous? These two have the same sort of soft touch rubbery-velvety packaging as the Temperature rising collection from summer 2013 and they are just lovely. Viva Glam lipsticks normally have a little red band on them, so I like that they kept a red colour to the packaging. Riri fans will like the addition of her signature on the bottle of the lipglass and the twist-up part of the lipstick.

MAC VG Rihanna Lipglass Swatch

Viva Glam Rihanna Tinted Lipglass. What a gorgeous finish on this one!

MAC VG Rihanna Lipstick Swatch

Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick. This is a Frost finish and has a gorgeous strawberry tone to it.

VG Rihanna

Both products layered together.

MAc VG Rihanna Swatch

Unnecessary hand swatch.

VG Rihanna LOTD

Both products layered.

Aren’t they lovely? I think I may actually prefer the lipglass slightly out of the two, but they’re both so pretty and girly. I’m glad MAC is finishing up their run of products with Rihanna with a Viva Glam collection. I’m a huge fan of Viva Glam, and I’m glad to see them bringing back some colours that are more likely to suit a huge range of skintones (*cough all the VG Nicki  and VG Gagas*), which the permanent line of VG colours are supposed to. It’s  worth noting that in the promo pictures, Rihanna is wearing Brick lipliner blended into the lipstuck, so the look in the promos is a little different – there’s a face chart and instructions  on the MAC site. I’ll have to try the look soon as it’s gorgeous

The lipstick costs £15 and the tinted lipglass costs £14, with all proceeds going to help men, women and children living with HIV and AIDs. Yes, these are dupeable colours, but as it’s for charity you’ll get no suggestions from me! It is a limited edition collection, but I believe it’s sticking around for the year, so you’ve plenty of time to go and get it!

Have you picked this up?What’s your favourite Viva Glam Lipstick?

2 comments:

  1. I love this lippy so much more than I expected too, I really want the lipglass too I am glad there is some time to pick it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH I hate how in the MAC viva glam photo promos they never just show the lipstick! It is rather misleading in my opinion. I agree with you about some of the recent Viva Glam shades, I could not even remotely pull off hardly any of them. Lame! These are quite nice and I think they will look good on lots of people. Apparently the frosted lip trend is here to stay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap