Social Icons

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Non-boring Neutral LOTD with MUA

A lot of people bemoan neutral colours, saying they’re boring. NON. I quite disagree - no makeup is boring! Having been drooling over some lovely makeup for one of the Tom Ford shows this year in which models wore heavy makeup under their eye, I thought I’d do a look with more emphasis on the lower part of the eye. It doesn’t suit me very well if I do this in a rounded style, so I made the shape a little more ‘Arabic’ and quite liked the results!

 

neutral wing 3
neutral wing 5
neutral wing
neutral wing 6
neutral wing 4

Eyes: MUA Undress Me Too Palette, MUA Intense Eyeliner in Malt Chocolate, MAC Gesso,
Face: Dr Hart+ Water Infuse BB Cream, Illamasqua Loose Powder, MUA Blusher in Shade 4, MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in
Lips: Max Factor Vivid Pink


I’m all out of wispy falsies, and while I think the look could have done with some I didn’t want to take the attention away from the lower lashline. I love this look and I think it could easily be amped up a little more for a night out – it just goes to show neutral doesn’t have to be boring at all.

Also, hurrah for cheap drugstore makeup – I’m not entirely sure what I think about duping palettes so blatantly, but I’m clearly not against it enough to not buy them. The quality of this palette is really lovely and the price is obviously great.

8 comments:

  1. I like it and paired with the bright pink lips ... LOVE :-D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I wish I knew someone with a bit of know-how when it comes to eye makeup. I see all of these wonderful looks in the blogosphere but when I try them on, with my admittedly meagre skills, they just don´t seem to suit my eyes... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love colour, sometimes I feel like something different, and that's when I reach for my neutrals. Love the heavy under-eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do like and the lippie is ace

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is definitely NOT boring. I think you really pull this style off well, it's hard to get away with a heavier lower lashline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap