Social Icons

Thursday 14 February 2013

Quickie Review: Make Up Store High Tech Lighter in


Make Up Store have been a brand I’ve been aware of for a long time but only recently started to explore, which I really regret as they have some beautiful products! Make Up Store is a Swedish brand and they have two stores in London, one in Soho and one in Westfield London. The price point is pretty similar to MAC, so not cheap, but not high end.

Make Up Store High Tech Lighter in Stardust
Make Up Store High Tech Lighter Stardust Swatch

The packaging for MUS products is gorgeous – this is a screw-top matte black casing with a transparent M showing your the product inside. The container is sturdy and doesn’t feel cheap.

Make Up Store says:

This creamy product can be used for many things. Either to light up and accentuate certain features of the face or be directly applied on your lips or combined with lipstick or lipgloss. You can fixate glitter with High Tech Lighter or use it as a primer to your Eyedust. You can also mix the product with your foundation for a lustrous effect.

 

The product itself is a thick cream and you only need to use a tiny amount.  This particular shade is one we probably all have something similar to in our stash – it’s a light, pearlescent pink, the finish looks quite similar to MAC Strobe Cream, but more obviously pink. For my first High Tech Lighter I wanted to get a shade I knew I would use often! this shade would be amazing mixed in with foundation for a pearly glow. I’ve not tried it yet, but the consistency makes me think that this would indeed be quite good for an eyeshadow base – the bronzes and blues in the range make me think that they’re used for this purpose a fair bit.

Prometheus

I’m wearing it as an inner corner highligher here (click to embiggen!). I like how it’s a different texture from the rest of my eye products.

Party Sunset

I have it as a cheek highlight here. It blends out really subtly considering it looks almost white in the packaging and it’s a lovely glow.

Basically… I really love this product and will certainly be getting more! At £14 it’s not that cheap, but it’s not breaking the bank either as it will last you forever! I’d certainly pay a lot more for a product this nice.

Have you tried anything from the Make Up Store?

10 comments:

  1. This is so lush. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to try them out! If I'm ever near a store I will definitely have a look at their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's right near the MAC Pro store which is excellent!

      Delete
  3. I've walked past it a few times to get to Illamasqua from Liberty..

    Next time, I'll go in to look at all the things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God this looks amazing! I have a few bits from Make Up Store (some polishes and glitter eyeliners and I just got a new amazing orange lipstick) and I really like everything but I always find myself bristling at the price :P
    WANT THIS NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DO U GET IT IN THE US?? I'VE BEEN TRYING 2 BUY THIS PRODUCT FOR A WHILE NOW. IS THERE A WEBSITE I CAN BUY IT FROM HERE IN THE US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm from the UK, hence the prices in £'s!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap