Social Icons

Friday 4 January 2013

MAC Sheen Supreme Swatches: Insanely It, Asian Flower, Look At Her!, Quite The Thing!

I have a suspicious feeling that the MAC Sheen Supremes are going to be my next lipstick obsession! MAC says…

“Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme creates the perfect hybrid – with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.”

Balmy yet pigmented colours are a pretty big gap in my makeup collection that I’m hoping to fill with the Sheen Supremes! (I didn’t buy any Revlon Lip Butters last year… not a one!) I have to say they’re pretty true to MAC’s claims… they’re lightweight to wear, dead easy to apply on the go and my dry lips really like them. As with a lot of sheer, pigmented colours, more than a couple of swipes can mean you end up with too much product on your lips and the colour can “bunch” together, but generally, these are a total dream! I also love the sleek, black metal packaging for these – really chic!



MAC Insanely It Swatch
MAC Insanely It

“Insanely It”

Described on the MAC site as “Watermelon Pink,” I think this would be a nice, slightly less in-your-face alternative to Impassioned, which I intend to layer this over very soon! It’s got a healthy dose of pink sparkle which makes it look even glossier.

MAC Asian Flower Swatch
MAC Asian Flower

“Asian Flower”

“Creamy Lavender.” Bang on. I’ve tried many creamy lavenders and this is the only one I find actually wearable on me – it’s got enough pink in it that it doesn’t look like a strange pastel on my skin.

MAC Look At Her Swatch
MAC Look At Her!

“Look At Her!”

“Metallic Copper.” Some people would hate this shade… I love love love it, sorry! I like that the range has metallics and cremes along with the glossy, balmy formulas and that you still get the benefit of a comfortable lip colour. This one is slightly drier than my others. (Thanks to Rachael who gave this to me! <3 )

MAC Quite The Thing! Swatch
MAC Quite The Thing!

”Quite The Thing!”

“Deep blue plum.” Not quite sure about the description from MAC there, but okay. I absolutely love this one. A great purple for people who are scared of purples! It has a bunch of fuschia/pink shimmer and I’m dying to try it over a dark liner!

Sheen Supremes come in at an eye-watering (in my opinion!) £14.50. There’s 21 shades in the range and in particular I’m lusting for Korean Candy… any recommendations for me?

3 comments:

  1. Asian Flower is SO pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asian Flower looks gorgeous, not sure how often I would wear it though, being realistic. Good To Be Bad looks stunning, deffo going to check that out IRL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Insanely It is so my kind of colour x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap