Social Icons

Saturday 26 January 2013

Juxt Because: LOTD with MAC, Sleek and Illamasqua

A fairly simple, soft look for you guys today! I wore this yesterday to run some errands and go see a couple of people for drinks and then a dinner. I hadn’t done a MAC-heavy look for a long time, and Rachael had sent me some MAC stuff that day (thank you, Fairy Mac Mother!) so it felt right!

Juxt Because
Just Because 2
Juxt because 3
Juxt Because 4

Eyes: Lid, MAC Juxt. Crease, MAC Harmony. Inner corner highlight, MAC Whisper of Gilt. Brow Highlight, MAC Gesso. Liner, Sleek Eau La La Liner in Cocoa, chocolate brown from Sleek Storm palette. Waterline, UNE Skin Glow Pencil in G02.
Cheeks: MAC Harmony, a touch of MAC Mocha and a touch of MAC Whisper of Gilt.
Face: Revlon Colorstay in Ivory, Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Emerge, Illamasqua Loose Powder in P010
Lips: Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Provoke.


I’m trying as hard as I can to use up Gesso as I think it’s a really nasty shadow – I don’t understand why people rave about it. I think I might just give up and Back 2 Mac it anyway. Seeing as I threw together this look pretty quickly, I kind of love how it came out, althought I wouldn’t use Gesso again for sure. I really, really love Illamasqua Provoke – it’s just a sheer caramel gloss, but for some reason I’m really attracted to the neutrals Illamasqua make!

4 comments:

  1. I love the earthy-ish feel this look has! Nice and simple enough for every day use too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shape and colour of the liner. Sleek eyeshadows are great... I also like the bright new blog background! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is quite different than what you usually do! I like the shadows with your brow colour; it looks like you did them lighter than usual. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I normally do them this colour if I'm wearing "no makeup," I tend to fill them in darker when I have a more dramatic look on out of preference as opposed to matching my hair #badhabit

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap