Social Icons

Friday 21 December 2012

Wet N Wild Sparkle ‘Til Morning Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette: Swatches and Looks

Recently I got a banging parcel from Wendy full of lovely US goodies including two Wet N Wild 8 pan palettes!

Sparkle ‘Til Morning is a slightly oddly named affair, being a mostly neutral palette. It’s not a palette that immediately conjures up images of dancing the night away as the name would suggest. It’s not the first time I’ve been bemused by WnW’s choice of names, but that’s not really the important part anyway! I didn’t take a picture of the palette because I are impatients, so let’s jump right in with the swatches!

Sparkle Til Morning Swatches 2
Right-hand side, on bare skin above and MUA primer below. (Highlight, lid, crease, definer.)

Sparkle Til Morning Swatches
Left-hand side, on bare skin above and MUA primer below. (Highlight, lid, crease, definer.)

A pretty nice mix, huh? This is a pretty warm palette, which I really like with my eye colour. The pinky highlight and the blue definer shade really make this palette stand out from the millions of neutral palettes that have popped up this year. All are satin/sparkly, which is good as they’re all so pretty, but a matte brown or taupe would have been really fabulous, although the darker definer shade can be buffed out so there is very little sparkle.

I’ve been reaching for this all week and it’s great for both a more polished look or if you’re in a panicked, sweaty rush in the morning (and let’s be honest, it’s normally the latter.) When I don’t know what to do with my makeup I always revert to a neutral eye with thick winged liner and have done since my teens, so I’m always happy when I find a palette that will fit in nicely with that.


Sparkle Til Morning
2

Nothing special perhaps, but sometimes that’s just what you need!

5
6

A pop of blue with your neutral eye? Be still, my beating heart. Another favourite look of mine, the blue in the palette really make it a winner.

3

4

Not the best looks I’ve done of late with these two, but there you are!

I couldn’t choose between this and Comfort Zone as my favourite Wet N Wild palette, but if you’re in the States and you’ve not picked this up, you’re mad. It’s certainly going to be a workhorse!

 

This will probably be my last post until after Christmas, so MERRY CHRISTMAS! Thank you all for sticking with me through 2012 :)

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I'm ashamed to say I don't have this and have definitely had ample opportunities to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the name of this palette made me think it would be more fun o.o

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap