Social Icons

Saturday 18 February 2012

Quick Neutral Darling Girl Looks

I’ve been in a bit of a makeup rut lately, and this week I’ve been reaching for my Darling Girl neutrals as they always look super pretty without much effort.

mr ed 3

mr ed

Lid: Darling Girl Mr Ed. Crease: Brown from Sleek Bohemian. Lower Lashline, Darling Girl Midnight Sea.

If you like blurples, get Midnight Sea. I’ve still yet to use it as a lid colour – I’ll get round to it one day! I also need to pop a mini of Mr Ed into my next order. I love lid colours like this.

a horse with no name 2

a horse with no name

Lid: Darling Girl A Horse With No Name. Crease: Darling Girl Prancer (v lightly applied.) Liner: Wet N Wild Color Icon Liner in Green.

A really quick two-minute look. A Horse With No Name is just a really fool-proof natural colour. The All The Pretty Horses collection really does have some kick-ass neutrals. Even though I love brights and glitters and unusual duos, I always judge an indie by its netural colours! If it can do those well, I’m sold. It’s so hard to get nice, cheap neutrals in drugstores here.

jeweled taupe smoking gun

Lid: Darling Girl Jeweled Taupe. Crease and Lower Lashline: Darling Girl Smoking Gun.

Sorry I only have one photo of this one, it just didn’t want to photograph. If you don’t have Jeweled Taupe, you’re really missing out. It’s super sparkly with lots of pinky-purple shimmer through it. Big love!

What are your favourite indie neutral colours?

9 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous and wearable eye looks! ^^

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like how you made the neutral look more interesting by adding some colour to the lower lashline. ^_^ Jonna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been doing a bit of the neutral lid with color on the lower lashline. I'm gonna have to try this out! While I tend to think of DG as color and sparkles, Susan does do a good job on neutrals too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, these ARE really pretty neutrals! I love neutrals with a bit of a duochrome or iridescent effect; I love Limewire, an old Kat Von D duo that's been discontinued. One that is currently available that I looooove (even more than Limewire!) is Inglot Pearl 402, it's definitely worth checking out. It's the kind of duochrome neutral that looks like a complete, interesting eye look all on it's own. I have pictures up on my blog, but they don't do it justice. I also find myself reaching for Urban Decay's Naked Palette and the single Sellout a lot for neutral looks, although none of those are particularly "unique"; just good solid basics! Yay for neutrals, I have been using them lots lately. I definitely want

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. Love lilac with your blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jewelled taupe is so pretty! I keep seeing raves about it and can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I really like Jeweled Taupe. Lately, I have been dying over a Silk Naturals eyeshadow called Torn Fishnets. It is a dark, sparkly taupe and I WEAR IT WITH EVERYTHING ARGHHGHGHG it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Got a question? Catch me on Instagram @staybeautifulmakeup or on Twitter @robynheartsslap